1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help- Beretta 390 Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superxjeff, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My 390 Beretta is not wanting to cycle. The other thing it does is it will not close all the way on the round it has just cycled. It almost closes. The action just needs a tiny push. I don't know what I have done wrong as I seem to have done everything I have always done. This is my duck gun when I shoot a 12ga and it needs to shoot more then once!

So.. sometimes it will and sometimes it won't and sometimes it doesn't close all the way. It also seems to be rough and not smooth cycling but I can't see anything wrong.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ask Tron first...but as a "WAG", a wild ass guess, check that the gas ports in the barrel are not partially clogged. Coulda happened during cleaning. Keep some pipe cleaners on hand for 300 series Beretta cleaning.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Jeff it sounds like your recoil tube spring is done. get a new one for about 5.00 or you can get the Sure Cycle stainless tube and all for 125.00. I use the Sure cycles in all my competition autos and hunting guns. Brownells is the place to get either.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

How far apart did you take it, when you cleaned it? Bolt and trigger out? Did the bolt link come off? It should cycle smoothly by hand, and if it isn't, that's what I would track down first. Will it cycle smoothly without the trigger assembly in? Bolt in but barrel off? etc. Mark

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Most of the Berettas I've had come into the shop with feeding issues generally had either a broken carrier or a piece broken from the right side of the trigger housing, right at the area of the carrier pivot pin. If the piece has fallen out of the gun, you'll never know it is missing.

Look close to the front edge of the pivot hole. A broken trigger housing near this hole will allow the carrier to not sit straight in the gun.

Doug

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I had one do that and after 4 hours of tearing it apart and putting it back together and scratching my head bald.

I found!!

A spent primer in the tube that houses the (I think) the recoil spring!

Took another hour to get the primer out!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.