1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Bad With Recoil Device

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FLAKETM, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Folks: Briefly, I've bought a gun with recoil device that I cannot remove so I can remove stock. Previous owner never fooled with it. He said it was some kind of forerunner to soft touch. The device works well and looks sturdy but I can't get it off the TMX stock. The comb is part of the device. There is a large flathead screw on the side of the device. If you turn it as far as it will go - about an eighth of an inch, the recoil device pops out about an inch to expose two rods and a spring --- I guess that's for lubing. But it won't come out any further. I can see no more screws on the plate or anything else that's holding it in the stock. Any ideas???

2. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I just did it! And it was easy! Thanks Pat.
    Now, can someone tell me how to take the hardware off the TMX forearm. It is unlike the MX series in that there are no allenheads where the receiver iron is. Sorry I'm so dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.