1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help 20 ga rem 1000

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by joe kuhn, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hey! I just bought one too, but mine ejects shells. Mine is real dirty, could that be the problem with yours?

2. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Does it eject factory 2 1/2 dram 7/8 oz shells? Are there 2 gas ports in the barrel? I think some barrels had only one port.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Clean the gun and spray the mag tube with Break Free. HMB

4. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

I also own one of these guns. The original owners manual ststes that it is designed to handle 2 3/4" & 3" magnum shells. They will not cycle a light trap load. There's nothing wrong with your gun. Wallmart Trap and Field loads will work in some guns, and maybe a simple solution.

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

Been there/done that. If it is 3" magnum barrel,they will not cycle light target loads. All of the receivers are the same. Worn/gummed up gas rings, bad o ring or gunked up gas ports will make it even worse. If there is none of the aformentioned, You have 2 solutions. Buy a 2 3/4 only barrel or enlarge the gas ports holes a tad. Once you enlarge the gas ports, you should not shoot 3 inch anymore as it may slam the receiver too hard.

hope this helps

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Barrels for these guns are pretty cheap. Jeff

7. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

0   0   0

As a last resort take off the recoil pad and the stock and you will find a spring down inside of the tube that goes thru the stock. Knock out the pin and becareful that the spring down inside of the tube doesn't go flying out at you. Clean and oil the tube and spring and then put it all back together and try shooting it once again. Many years ago I bought real cheap a Remington .410 1100 shotgun that would not recycle shells either. I was the 3rd owner and no one ever thought of what I just told you to due. This actually worked for me and I had a almost new shotgun for a real cheap price.

Terry

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

0   0   0

This is a subject that I know something about, I own 5 of these 1100's. you have the right advice already, let me consolidate and confirm it.

Clean the gun well, including the gas port in the barrel ring, and the recoil spring in the stock tube, as TRW369 suggested. The spring should measure just over 15" in length, if it doesn't you can stretch it for a bit longer service, but it can be replaced from Brownell's for a few bucks.

Whether it's a magnum model or not, you should be able to shoot light target loads in it, if it's clean and shot 'wet'. That is, some light oil kept on the magazine tube and the gas piston and seals. I personally use Slip 2000, but any light oil will do.

All three of my grandson's started out with an LT20 Mag, using 3/4 oz. 1150 speed reloads, on a Skeet field. I can count the number of jamb on one hand. Clean and wet are the keys to keeping this 1100 running well.

IMHO,
    Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.