1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Hawaii trap Club Info ********

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JimmyP, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

We are leaving on an Hawaian Islands cruise tomorrow and I would like to find a trap club we could shoot a round at just so I could say I did it. I will need to rent everything and buy ammo also on sight. Can anyone help? We will visit Honolulu, Hilo, Kona,and Maui. During the day so we can get back to the ship by 8;00 pm. Thanks for any info you have.

Jimmy

2. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Jimmy,

Hilo has a club, although I have not shot there. There are two on Maui. One is on the way to Lahaina and the other is just before Hailimaili store. (sp) Mongo Dave will probably reply and correct that as well as give you more info.

We have shot at the H..m..li club alot over the years. It is the most unique trap club I have ever shot at. I think Art is still running the club and you won't find a nicer group to shoot with.

You will have to register your shotgun in advance for Maui (I believe this is still required) and once you arrive you have to go to the cop shop and have the gun checked for SN? No big deal.

Lanai is a quick boat trip from Maui and has quite the sporting clays layout.

There is a sporting clays on Maui out of Makena called Papaka. Very cool to experience, although you must set up the time and be picked up and driven to the club as it is on Private property.

Enjoy

Ron Wilson

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Thanks dave. I will not be taking my K80 with me so I will need a gun also. Do you know of any that rent them? again, Thanks for the reply.

Jimmy

4. ky.shooter

ky.shooter Active Member

Art will rent you a gun. I bought my shells at a local sporting goods store in Maui. Art rented me a BT-99. Had a wonderful time.

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Thanks Ron and KY. We will be flying out in the morning and getting on the ship tomorrow evening. No guns allowed on board. Bummer. But if I can rent one no problem. thanks again gentlemen.

Jimmy

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Jimmy,

Sorry I missed this post yesterday. The thread must have drop down and I did not check far enough down. David must have done the same.

If you have inter-net access on the ship and see this. Check out the ATA link above for the club contacts. Most of the trap clubs in Hawaii, shoot only on Sunday. Since you need a gun, your best chance would be the Maui Trap & Gun Club if you are on Maui on a Sunday. If you are on Maui on any day other than Sunday, your best chance to shoot a shotgun would be at the Maui Sporting Clays, fka Papaka Sporting Clays phone (808) 879-4441. They are open 7 days a week by appointment only, have rental guns and ammo at the range.

Jason

7. Mongo-808-

Mongo-808- TS Member

I havn't been reading for last couple days (house guests). Anyway..All depends on when his boat arrives on Maui. MT&GC (Haliimaile) is Wed 4-10pm, Sun 9-2pm. As for Hilo they shoot Wed afternoons & Sat/Sun all day.Gun rental & ammo contact Z Sports. Kokohead on Oahu is open on Sun but no rentals or ammo. MCTA (Ukumehame) is Sunday only no rentals or ammo.

Mongo~David....

8. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Aloha Jimmy P; When will you be in (Oahu) Honolulu? The Honolulu Trap Club opens only on Sundays and on some Saturdays. Need your arrival date so we can
    forfill your request. Call me.
    Howard Chang; Cell; 808-741-2846

9. makalii600323

makalii600323 TS Member

cwh....

Yes, down the hill and to the LEFT....

Jimmy P.,

Call Pineapple, no rentals at HTC, but if you show up....you'll have a gun and

ammunition! (Even with the high cost of Lead!)

HTC is only open on Sunday's.

Sterling

10. Toddy

Toddy Member

A bunch of us from Vancouver Island are already signed up for the 2008 P.I.T.A. Hawaii State shoot in Feb. and this will be my 3rd time in Hilo and looking forward to it.
    The Big Island Trap Club at Hilo now has 4 automatics as of 3 days before this years State shoot and they had a great shoot again this year.

It's on Presidents day weekend so you really have to book your hotels and rent a car early.

Reg. T., East Sooke, BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.