1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need GRAND Info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by littlebear, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

I need to make vacation plans. I am trying to decide how many days to spend at the Grand. Can anyone tell me what events will be shot on what days?
    Thanks

2. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

I checked there. I could not find any information about what events will be scheduled for which days. I do have the program from 2004, and I am assuming that the last four or five days will be the same. But, you know what they say about assuming things.
    Thanks

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

SCTP Monday and Tuesday. Balance of week prelim days. Grand week starts on Monday with 200 singles, Tuesday 100 doubles and handicap, Wed. 200 singles clay targets championship, Thurs. Doubles championship and Handicap. Friday Prelim Handicap and Saturday Grand American Handicap. - Jim

4. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

Jim,
    Thanks for the information.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

August 6-16, it is listed under the Satellite Grand info, but you cannot open it to find out about the individual events! (???)

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

While Jim is posting what I predicted several months ago, I now think it very likely that the Grand American handicap will revert to Friday instead of Saturday, with the doubles championship and followed by a handicap on Saturday. The final word will be announced soon.

Otherwise Jim has it right. There's still a certain amount of discussion of the Saturday and Sunday events before Grand week, the question being whether there should be two or three events. If three, then the handicap will be the middle one so the promotional shoot-offs can start as soon as the last doubles squad finishes shooting and can get organized. A time will be set - say 5 PM - and the participants announced so things can get rollling and finished, with the "event" shoot-off also at a set time, eight o'clock is a likely time for them.

Neil

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Neil - For many of us that travel on Saturday evening it makes it very difficult to shoot 2 events on Saturday. The program that we enjoyed for years with the GAHandicap on Saturday is pleasureful. I know a lot of delegates are in a position to wait until Sunday to leave, but they should consider all those that travel great distances. If you shoot 2 events on Saturday the shootoffs will lag well into the night. Even for those that fly on Sunday it makes a difficult situation. - Jim

8. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

Once again thanks to all for your help
    DTD

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Tal, I'm kind of at a loss on this, since I persist in remembering the Grand American Handicap as Friday in Vandalia, with the Doubles Championship and Vandalia Handicap on Saturday. And yet many put the GAH in their memory as Saturday.

We'd like a balance between the interests of the day trippers and the people who have longer to drive and fly home, and at least at the present, the drivers have the edge, and that leads to a GAH on Friday, the way I remember it as being in Vandalia where it caused no great problem, as I recall.

Neil

10. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Neil I do recall the GAH was on Friday. But that was changed in the mid 90's. the change was welcomed by a great many shooters. I believe the 2005 Grand, at Sparta, was changed to the Friday ending. Many of us did not like that change. Did not attend last year, due to injury, but hope to again this year. Hope the Saturday GAH is put back in place. - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.