1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need GMV Superstar Trap Dealer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eric, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

My club is looking for a dealer that STOCKS the GMV Superstar trap. We will probably be buying 3-5 traps in the next few months and want a dealer that has them in stock for immediate delivery - anyone have a company they can recommend? We were using QRP out of Ohio but they have to order them with a very LONG wait so we are looking for a stocking dealer if there is anyone.

Eric

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

If you plan on the singles machine fine, if you want to throw doubles you might want to look at the Pat Trap. I have yet to see a Superstar that does not seem to have some type of problem when I am at a particular club. There was also just a thread on the brush pack and doubles.......

GS

3. Amy Patenaude

Amy Patenaude TS Member

Please consider purchasing Pat-Traps. Pat-Traps are made in the USA, high quality construction and more registered targets are thrown from Pat-Traps than anyother automatic trap machine.
    We have Pat-Traps in stock today. Please contact us directly or one of our distributors.
    In the future, unlike some others, all parts are in stock, if you need customer service there is no waiting.

Shoot Well, Amy P.

4. pairaway

pairaway TS Member

We have four pats at our club and two GMV's for our skeet field.
    In my opinion, and I do all the maintainence and work on the whole club, the Pats are the ONLY way to go. We had electronic problems with the GMV's right off the bat. They handle the target in a much more brutal fashion. The pats are a dream to work on. With the new Doubles finger the doubles presentation is equal for both machines.
    Pat is the way to go.
    Bill

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Eric.... I will have to respectfully disagree with the above posts that give the Pat traps higher marks than the Super Stars, for any reason. I have been repairing, selling, and servicing traps for over 10 years. I have shot over, and serviced, both traps and the Super Star has it over the Pat trap, hands down. While the Pat trap is a good trap, you will never have to wait for a Super Star to warm up, never get accidental "doubles" targets while shooting singles, never have to deal with hydraulics, never worry about magnetic switches, and it will ALWAYS throw better, out of the box, doubles. The Super Star is easier to service, maintain, and adjust than the Pat trap. If a club member wants to change the angle of field, the height, or whatever else, the trap can be returned to the proper settings in seconds, with out having to adjust micro switches, etc. The Super Star is just as easy to use, and adjust, as the Winchester handsets are. Let me repeat my first statement: The Pat trap is a a good trap, and has been around for a long time, however, that being said, it is my opinion that the Super Star is a better trap, based on the experience I have personally had with both. Those that have Pats love them, those that have Super Stars love them, but those that have both will, more often than not, prefer to shoot over the Super Star. They are definately worth the wait.....Just my opinion....Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Above should be the info your looking for. Rod has been a GMV dealer since they first imported them, and know's more about them than the folks already posting above. We have SuperStars at our club and have them serviced once a year(by Shyda's), with little or no maintainence required in between. They throw a good target and have a narrower pair of doubles than the Pat's. And any problem listed above can also be listed for a Pat. Kinda like a Ford vs. Chevy deal if you ask me.

Jeff Graupp

7. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Dale Stockdale is a dealer for GMV Superstars and is as good as anybody I know at setting them up and training people on them. He sold and setup all the new traps at the Nebraska state shoot site and I know they have been happy with them. Dale is a very honest and fair man that will treat you right. He also has 13 of the machines installed in his own trap club so he has years of experience running the machines as well.

Mark Zauhar

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I will agree with Mark the Sixshooter. We are very happy with the 8 machines that Dale sold and installed for us. Good luck and good shooting, Bob H.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You could try Shyda's in Lebanon, PA. I know a few clubs that have purchased the GMV Machines through them. They are also pretty good on service.

Shyda's Services, Inc.

2360 Colebrook Road

Lebanon, PA 17042

Phone: (717) 274-8676

Fax: (717) 274-8672

E-mail: info@lincolntraps.com

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I echo word for word what Dan Thome said.

11. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

We ordered a Super Star from Shyda`s in early May and was told we would get it in 10 weeks which should have been here mid July . After my phone call to them in July , I was told there was a delay coming from Sweden and they would call when they received it so we can schedule the installation . We are still waiting !!!!! We should have bought the used one from Florida for half the price .

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Shyda/ Good People Worth the Wait/ GMV is a good machine.

Worth the wait.

Joe Woods/Ontario

13. shootTwo

shootTwo TS Member

Just curious what are you guys going to do when you can't get anything from GMV? No traps, no parts???

14. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can anyone give me contact info for Dale Stockdale?

Thanks

Eric

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Eric, click on the website above, and it will take you to his gun club website, and I think you can contact him using that information.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.