1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need gm tech help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yenko, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yenko

yenko TS Member

code po449 emission evap circuit.replaced vent solonoid,replaced purge solonoid,checked for pwr at vent solonoid has pwr 12volts.cleared lines from canister and purge valve.all did no good,replaced gas cap no good.im at my wits end on this pos.06 corvette 33k miles out of warranty by 3 months.im done with purchasing any new gm product.ron ,any help would be apprec.thanx

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You may have a faulty ecm...do you ever visit corvette forum.com??/ these guys can point you to a specialty Vette Dr in your area...Vettes are still awesome cars..I hope you find the problem..mine is old but I love it just the same

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Unless it changed scene I left the dealership you have a 60,000 mile warranty on emission on GM products witch this should be covered.

thanks
    lee

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

ouch!!!!

tony

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Someone doesn't have much of a sense humor right now.

Lets see here, I just spent a couple of hundred dollars and a few hours of my precious time working on something that would have more than likely been covered under warranty.

Yup, I'd be mad too:)

ss

6. yenko

yenko TS Member

warranty 36 k miles 36 months which ever first,hmm can you say out of warranty like stated in 1st post.out of warranty by 3 months.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's for the power train/bumper-to-bumper. Emmisions is covered much longer. Just read a little and you'll find out.

ss

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Here ya go for a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette.

Manufacturers may periodically offer additional coverage as a purchase incentive. There offers are not reflected on this chart. The federal government requires two other warranties. The Exhaust Emission Warranty covers corrosion-related parts for 2 years/24,000 miles, plus 8 years/80,000 miles on the catalytic converter and any on-board diagnostic device. The Passenger Restraint Warranty covers seat belts and airbags for 5 years/50,000 miles.

ss

9. wannaz

wannaz Member

Like birddog said, if it is emissions related it is covered under warranty for at least 5yrs. or 50 to 60 thousand miles. Hence the warranty comments. If it ain't emissions related, then yeah, you're s-o-l.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.