1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Fishing Expert

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshooteraa27aa, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I was at an auction and bought some reloading stuff and in the bottom of this huge box was an impulse fish finder. It is a model HE-357. Comes with box and instruction manual along with 2 new rolls of printing paper and two what looks like graph printer holders. Not sure if this is all there but the owner at the auction said he pulled it out of his boat in 2001 and hasnt used it since. Im told it is for deep water. I cant take a pic right now as my camera is on the fritz. Need to know about what it may be worth. I will sell it cheap as ive already made my money back on the other stuff. I will sell it as is for $30 plus shipping to the us or trade for a perrazi.......lol
    Chris Teeters

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Does this fancy fish finder have forum fishing features?? Like say, I wanted to go on some unknown forum and had a hankering for a G777777 or maybe a smoking 357 fish....can it be pre set to seek that species out??

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Paper graphs offer the best resolution of any sonar design, hands down. In spite of that, I ended up giving my two ultra-high-end units away (to someone on TS.com) because the cash value of even the tip-top ones is zero and the best you can hope to do with a boatload of them is make someone happy by absorbing the postage.

Neil

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Paper unit Neil?? Did it run on Kerosene?

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Current price $39.95. HMB

6. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

trapshooter27aa There is no such thing as a fishing expert, there are however some expert catchers. I personally don't like fishing, I do however enjoy catching especially when me partner is only fishing.

7. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Tron, i asked for a fishing experst not a troller.lol
    hris

8. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I agree the paper units in there day were great. However since the CRT's came out then the LCD the paper ones when by the wayside. While they are nice and work great there are just out dated like records, 8 tracks etc. I'd be surprised if someone would even pay postage on it.

9. neofight

neofight TS Member

You might put it up on iFish.com and see if there is any interest. Yup, the paper fell the way of the 8 track and the typewriter. Good for their time, but....time marches on. I might consider trading you a frog-on-a-string.

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Great resolution but the paper got really expensive.

11. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I went fishing last week, caught two mermaids and one smelt......

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Frank, Come on now, you can tell us!!!!! What were you useing for BAIT !!!!!! Break-em all. Jeff

13. Frank C

worms....of course......

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Frank C. How was your AK trip this year? how about posting a pic or two?

Jack

15. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Grayson-time for you to learn how to read!

16. Frank C

Jack, I will start another thread re the Alaska SS and what people can expect! Frank C

17. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

I had a Sitex in 1977. It used the expensive paper, was good to two depths which at that time was a revilation. Four months later it was outdated, Lowarance came out with theirs which took over the market. The following year, 1978 I removed the Sitex sending device from my boat,was installed thru hull, cant remember what its called, bought a new fish finder, the sitex was worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hull calraser