1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need feedback on Remington Peerless

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have been looking at one at a gun store, It is in excellent shape. They are asking $700 anybody know how they hold up for mostly hunting?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

One of Remington's long list of short lived and discontinued O/U's. Blue Book says it is a unique design, not sharing any parts with either the 32 or 3200. Manufactured from 1993-1998. $800 for 90%. I would be worried about parts myself, but it may work a long time without an issue, if it just used for hunting. Price sounds fair, roll the dice. I have seen just one at the local trap club since I have shot there, and it went bang when he pulled the trigger. Looked like a nice gun. Mark

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

I owned one, wish i still had it, excellent hunting gun, mine had 28" barrels, never had a problem with it. One of them that got away and you ask yourself later why?? mark crist

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Not a bad gun but if your going to shoot trap spend a few pennys more and get a 3200
    Joe

5. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

1)For the same money you can buy a Beretta 3901 Brand new.
    2)If you buy a gun that has been discontinued at some point you may need parts and the parts may not be available. All you'll have then is a $700.00 tomato stake.
    3) There's probably a reason it was discontinued.

Shoot safely well and often.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

OK for a hunting gun. Protracted shooting would likely cause premature meltdown.

HM

7. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

The 320 Peerless is a field gun with some competition gun features.

The automatic safety can be disabled and you can select the gun to eject or extract spent shells.

I had a 1993 manufacture 30" model, and the only issue I had is a screw came out of one of the sideplates. New screw from Remington was not a problem in 2008.

I just recently sold it to a girl at the office who was wanted a field gun she could use as a starter gun for trap / sporting. That is what I had bought it for and had "moved on".

I sold it so it wouldn't just sit in my safe, not because it was a POS.

I would buy another if I needed a 12ga 3" O/U.

8. ajhiii07

ajhiii07 Member

right now I have a remington 300 ideal the model remington made after the peerless
    it has chipped the bottem firing pin remington no longer make replacement firing pins for these guns, I would keep this in mind when buying a peerless, 332, or ideal. sure you can make your own firing pins, but what other parts you can get from remington for these guns I dont know.

9. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I LOVED MINE, AND GAVE IT UP FOR A 30" 300 IDEAL. THE PEERLESS SHOT WELL AND
    NEVER BROKE AFTER MANY ROUNDS OF SKEET AND SPORTING CLAYS. I PAID 900 FOR IT NEW. FOR 700 IT WOULD HAVE TO BE EXCEPTIONAL. ASK TO SHOOT A BOX WITH IT. IF IT GOES BANG 25 TIMES OFFER EM 600!

JOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
firing pin peerless remington
remington peerless

remington peerless field

remington peerless for sale
remington peerless trigger problem
remington peerless value