1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need feedback on recoil pads**********************

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljuticsscentennialpro, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

I need input on recoil pads. I'm replacing the factory hockey puck pad on a Browning 425 sporting clays, 12 ga. The length of pull is rather long, but I don't want to cut the stock if possible. I'm considering a Kick-eez, 100 Straight Terminator, or other pad of about 3/4" thickness. Any feedback on these or other pads for recoil control? Thanks in advance for your input. Bob

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The only pads I have used for the last several years are Kick-eez and Gooey Pads. I have been pleased with both. The Gooey Pads do seem to be difficult to keep clean.

Pat Ireland

3. aaaskeet

aaaskeet Member

I use the trapdude pad, it is great, I do not plan on changing to anything else.

Dennis

4. JLW

JLW TS Member

I just installed a Limb Saver pad from SVI, Simms Vibration Laboratories, same company that makes the bows.

I have never used one personally and this is the first one I installed but, it ground well and appears to be a good pad. It does cost about $10 more than Kick EEz. Also, it came with a small bottle of Easy Glide coating to apply so the pad slides over clothing easier.

I have had problems with Kick's seperating from the base in the past and thought I'd give this a try.

SVL
    www.limbsaver.com

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

IMHO, the Pachmayr XLT series is the absolute best for recoil reduction. Unfortunately, they do not make a model for Sporting, or "low-mount" shooting. The material is "grippy" and will hang on clothing unless you shoot with a high mount. AndyH

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm a big KickEez fan...they work great and they give good service on orders...I just oredered 2 "Rocker" pads from them along with some other stuff and got a shipping notice back from them in under 12 hours...

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kick-Eez is my choice but I've had this happen; the pad design that works on my M.32 Kgun is different than the one I prefer on my KS-5 spl. I have the rocker on the single barrel and love it but it just didn't work for the 32. Went to the flat or straight style on the O/U and that was the answer for it. I'm sure it's likely related to pictch and/or use of the gun since the O/U is used at skeet, trap doubles, 5 stand, and sporting birds. The point is that you should try to convince your source that you need to try a couple of choices before having it fitted and deciding which is for you.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

The only one I have experience with is Kick-Eez. Ken Rucker put on on my BT-99 to replace the almost 40 year old original pad I was using. Huge difference. Does a very good job. The only issue I had with it is the heel was catching on my vest when I would lower the gun. I ended up putting some clear tape on the heel to make it smooth. Guys probably don't have this issue.

9. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Kick-Eez on every gun I've had. I've tried quite a few pads and these seem to be the best for me. My other half however, prefers Gooey Pads. It's really a personal preference.

Bob (K-80 Unsingle), the pads come in different sizes to accommodate LOP - I had to replace my initial Kick-Eez pad with one that was about 1/8" thinner. No stock cutting required. Loved your description of the Browning Pad -- perfect!

Browning Gal - have your stock guy file the heel/toe down. It helps (I understand what you're saying, I had the same problem). My guy automatically does it and my gun no longer 'grabs' my shooting shirt.

10. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Thanks to those who responded. Kick-eez has a 3/4" pad that I think that I will try. Bob

11. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Had a Limbsaver Grind-to-Fit pad installed on my .338 cal rifle. Couldnt ask for anything better.

12. shrek

shrek Active Member

One thing that I have found I like very much is to leave the pads as big as possible in surface area, I have HART adjustable LOP's and Jones adjusters on my guns and leave the pads full size. It makes the contact area on the shoulder much larger and helps with reducing kick by putting it over a larger area.

I like the kick-eez pads for my clay shooting guns

the factory pads on the 425's are terrible.

13. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

For hunting, Limbsaver is on all my rifles and hunting shotguns. I just wish they made a contour pad for clays. Dan

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I use and like the Kick-Eez so much I bought out their remaining supply of their bright red pads.

I have them on all my P guns... I can sure distinguish them in a gun rack.

[​IMG]

Whiz

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kickezz rocker pad great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.