1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED Diver Duck Decoys

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rick173, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

I looking for a couple of dozen Bluebill, 1/2 or full dozen Golden eye, 6 Ring neck and 6 Bufflehead. I'd appreciate what ever you have.
    Rick Shoop
    724-882-7194

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

If you shoot one, your not actually going to eat those are you? I can see possibly the Bluebill, but the others? Yickkie pooh!

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Rick,
    I might have a couple dozen carry lite aqua keel Bluebill decoys.

Let me know if you are interested in aqua keels and I will check my decoy loft.

Dr. Honk

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

This year we cooked a couple of Goldeneye ducks and a couple of Red Heads which were more common this year in Western Canada. They were excellent table fare far better eating than puddle ducks like Widgeon or Gadwalls.

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Dove Commander, The Ring Neck(or Black Jack) as they are refered to in Lousiana and lower Ark. are a first cousin to the Scaup(or Blue Bill). Many mistake one for another even thought the Ring Neck has a very pronounced stocky build to it's head. They taste almost exactly the same. The Buffle Head is not bad eating if killed in freshwater rivers or lakes. That is NOT true if the Bufffs are in brackist or salt water.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Try Ebay, I was building an extra gang rig set year before last and bought 5 and a half dozen Burlap wraped for a fourth the price of new ones. A little paint and they were great. Jeff

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

We usually kill mallards, some blacks, and wood ducks. We let bluebills slide on by. I agree, the wideon and gadwalls aren't all that great. Evidently their not very picky eaters. I had some great Red Head/bluebill stew in Canada, but we seldom see Reds. Good luck with the search!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.