1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Computer help/advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by NintyT, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NintyT

NintyT Member

Here's the sad story. I booked reservations at a hotel in Tucson online, but my wife (it's her fault) tossed out my notes with the hotel name and confirmation number. Now, being old and of weak mind, I cannot figure out which hotel I'm suppose to show up at. I've tried everything I could think of.

Is there a way to check my computer "history" back to mid December, to show which web sites I visited?

My current "aol history" only goes back 7 days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Johnson, IL

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

Im sure you had to use a credit card,call the card company and see who the pending charge is..

Bill

3. NintyT

NintyT Member

Bill,

I'll try that. It was my thinking that the credit card company would not have record until the charge was put through, and I figured that would happen on the date of my intended arrival.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know if it works. Steve j

4. NintyT

NintyT Member

Nope, That didn't work. Credit Card company has not received any info or "pending billing" from any hotel.

Cay anyone out there make any other suggestions? Steve j

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Was it holiday inn, motel 6, etc. maybe their customer service can find where you are supposed to be

Bill

6. NintyT

NintyT Member

Rick,

Thanks for that, but as they say, "been there, done that". I'm struggling with this one. Burned up most of my phone minutes calling hotels. There are 113 hotels in the area, but I've stuck with calling those in the area of the airport so far.

Shawn, I've found a file history, and it was apparently a pretty busy weekend for me on the internet back when I made these reservations. I located my presquad entry among those files, so I know I'm looking in the right time frame. It's going to take me some time to go through these, line by line, but I believe you've got me on the right track. Too stressed to go on tonight. I'll hit it again tomorrow.

Steve J

7. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

prepare an e-mail with your "vital info" and ask if that hotel/motel has your reservation and if so , please reply .

Send it to any H/M you can think might have been considered . You should be able to get the "e-dress"es of all them easily .

Good luck ,
    Charlie

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

NintyT, you say you have a presquad, call one of your squad mates and see if they can tell you where you may of told them where you are staying.

Jerbear

9. NintyT

NintyT Member

Charlie,

Well, the history files didn't help. I can't understand why though. I did find my presquad activity/billing, but not the motel reservations. Your suggestion sounds feasible. Hope I don't run out of time.

Jerbear,

You had a thought there, but I did as usual, and took "pot luck" in my presquading. None on my squads knew I was coming.

As a last ditch effort, I'm writing down all the phone numbers to the area hotels/motels. It'll give the wife something to do during the two day drive...

Steve J

10. skip

skip Member

How about checking your phone records. You know the approximate dates.

You mentioned that you burned up your phone minutes, if you used a cell phone your telephone will have a record of all calls made in the phone history by date and time.

11. NintyT

NintyT Member

Thanks Skip, but the phone minutes were burned up by calling the hotels/motels, to see if they had a reservation for me. The original reservation was made on the internet. I copied down the name of the hotel and the confirmation number on a piece of scrap paper, which was promptly tossed out during a house cleaning.

I'm about to give up the search. Thinking of taking my laptop along, and on the night I was suppose to check in, I'll check my charge account online and see who billed me. At least I won't lose more than one nights rental.

Steve J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.