1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need computer guru touchpad not working on laptop

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Need computer guru for laptop touchpad that's not working. Also, the keyboard doesn't work after it goes to sleep, I need to turn the laptop off and back on then the keyboard works again. The only way I can use the laptop is by using a usb-mouse. It is a Compaq running Window 7 Home Premium. Thanks.

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Read the docs. You most likely turned the touchpad off by mistake and the docs will tell you how to turn it on. It's normal for the keyboard not to work if the computer goes into the "hibernate" mode- just push the power button for it to come back on but don't hold it down since this will turn computer off.

Sounds like your computer is doing just what it's supposed to do to me.

3. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Most likely hit the wrong button...happened to my Dell, there is a symbol with the touchpad with an x thru it, thats the button which toggles on/off.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

My HP has a small thin button above the touchpad that turns it on and off. Mark

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Thanks, The little button at the top of the touchpad is set to the on position, lit green not red, has no effect; touchpad still won't work. I went into the hardware settings and it only shows my usb-mouse under the mouse folder. I tried to restore to an earlier date when the touchpad worked but it will only go back a couple of days. My old computer, running XP, would let me go back months. Other thoughts? Thanks.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Check in your drivers for something like "Synaptics pointing device" and see if refreshing the driver helps

7. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Right click on the Synaptics Pointing Device ( The icon left side of Battery indicator ) or find it in the Control Panel.

Select the Pointing Device Properties

Select the tab 'Device settings'

Make sure you have Enable Synaptics Touchpad checked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.