1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need club in WNY?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Anyone know of a club within 30 minutes of Springwater, NY that offers the following:

-Single, Handicap, and Doubles Trap Fields
    -Keyed Access - Trap fields open to members at all times via a key or key code.

It seems like a simple request but I'm having a hell of a time finding one.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Not sure where you are in WNY we are in SW tip and there are 2 for sure and possibly more depending on your involvrment in the clubs.

Jerry Lewis Pres. Busti trap club.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm in Springwater, about 45 mins south of Rochester. I'm a member at 3 different clubs right now but want to narrow it down to 1, maybe 2 clubs.

4. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

Too far away in Holland, But... Who is the go to guy for stock fitting in our area?

5. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

Too far away in Holland, But... Who is the go to guy for stock fitting in our area?

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Contact Frank from the link above. Tell him Rich from Mendon told you about him.

I'm not sure if you will beat his customer service or the quality of work in the area, maybe even anywhere.

I used him a few weeks ago for some emergency gun smithing and he came through by getting the work done in less than 24 hours so I could shoot in a league the next day.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

PM to you.

8. bsekf

bsekf Member

Rochester Brooks or Mt Morris?????

9. pjh

pjh Member

nysata.com or shootata.com

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

bsekf,

I emailed Mt. Morris and I'm waiting to hear back as to whether or not members are given a key to access the trap houses whenever they would like or if trap shooting is restricted to certain days/club open hours.

Being able to shoot only during certain hours and on certain days doesn't work well with my lifestyle.

11. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Rich219,

Not trying to be hard on you, but you need to get off of your butt and take a ride to the Mt Morris club on a Thursday night or most weekends and introduce yourself and ask these questions.

Mt Morris Sportsman's Club will fill most of the needs that you seem to have. If they let you join you will get a key and you would be able to shoot just about anytime.

Ron Burdick in sunny SC

12. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've been to Mt. Morris a few times but get caught up in shooting and forget to ask about membership. Thursday nights don't work for me either, I'm in Rochester until 8-9pm on Thursdays.

Mt. Morris would be my choice of club though, I'll have to make a trip out there on my next free weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.