1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Citori single barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TCFelty, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

I just purchased a Browning Citori Special Trap with 32 barrels. Is it possible to put a single barrel on this gun and make it a combo gun. It has an adjustable combs as well. Any help would be great or where I might find one. Thanks Tim

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Browning won't sell the unsingle barrel separately. I tried a lot of ways to get an unsingle barrel, and I finally gave up.

Further, even if you were able to get one (say, from someone who bought a combo and didn't want the unsingle - very unlikely), Browning says that the barrel may not fit your receiver; each Citori receiver is hand fitted to its barrel set and therefore they are not interchangeable. There may be something to this - I have access to two Citoris; I checked and his barrel will fit my receiver, but my barrel won't fit his receiver. I think what's going on is that the monoblock on his Citori is slightly smaller than the monoblock on my Citori.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

It is possible, but the single barrel will not automatically fit. I've had some that fit, but is was only by sheer luck. I have a 34" top single for $850 delivered if you want to get it a try. Barrels can be fitted by a competent gunsmith.

bobk_2008_0303_17.jpg

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

Bob,

Can you give me some more details about the barrel?
    Is it fixed choke, invector or invector plus?

I'm interested if I can get it to fit a Citori-Plus.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.