1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Browning Skeet gun info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RoadKingPerazzi, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

I need Browing skeet or sporting clays gun info. A friend wants to buy a Browning Skeet or Sporting Clays gun with 28/28/.410 tubes. He also wants the 12 ga. to have choke tubes. Where is a good place that sells used Browning skeet guns? Is the Citori 625 the model that he would want. I do not know anything about Browning skeet. I do have a back-up XT Trap gun with adjustable stock and it is a nice gun. Thanks.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Go to gunbroker.com, click on shotgun, type in browning skeet.

3. richief

richief Member

check this

http://www.gunsamerica.com/911182307/Guns/Shotguns/Browning-Shotguns/Over-Unders/Citori/Trap-Skeet/Citori_Skeet_4_Barrel_Set.htm

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

625 is a good choice if you want a new gun. There are alot of 425's and 525's used if you want to try those instead. Also look at the XS Skeet as well. Now these two guns have different types for forarms, and you also have to pick a gun finish type as well. The biggest differences that I see are Oil finish, semi-glosss, and lastly a high gloss, and the semi-bevertail forearm or schnabel forearm??? Visit Ableammo.com to see all the different current browning guns and key on these two different items to look for and see what you like then try this gun at a range before you buy one. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

browning xs skeet is put out with a high post rib which would lead me to believe it shoot to some degree high. the reason i didn't go that route. the citori sporting has a lower profile and in my case my browning sporting shoots close to 50/50. it certainly does not shoot high. i've been shooting skeet and sporting with a citori sporting and a beretta 391 optima sporting and like both. no expert by a long shot. i tried shooting skeet with my citori trap and it was a disaster, just couldn't get it together with it.

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have an original Browning skeet gun in better than 90 percent choked skeet and skeet I used for Quail hunting so has not seen many rounds threw it . This is the gun made in Belgium a real beauty 1200.00 buys it. Buddy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

Thanks - I'll pass all this info on to my friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.