1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Automate help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by willing, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willing

willing Member

I just got an Automate from a friend. I nstalled it on my 9000GN and it works pretty well, but there is little to no clearance betreen the shell and the deprime punch at the first station. I called MEC and the tech said he would send me a new
    center spring because he thought the upper turret assembly was not going up far enough. I went and checked that and it is up against the frame. I don't know how much clearance I had before the modification. The distance between the lower turret and the upper is 6 7/8 which is the same as a friends 9000 and he had 3/8 cleance where I have almost none. I know some of you guys use the Automate, what do you think?? I'm about ready to grind off part of the deprimer punch. The reason I'm concerned is that I have to tilt the shell to get it into the first station.

Bill

2. willing

willing Member

I don't use PM, but her's my email. Thanks
    wpark7@yahoo.com

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Sent you a email and PM. Jake

4. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I have the same set up. But not the problem.

I measured the distance between the base of the deprime station and the end of the deprime punch to be 2 7/8 inches in the rest position.

The empty shell is only 2 6/8 inches tall. So no tip. Slides right in.

I note the deprime punch itself can be raised or lowered some what. Mine is raised as high as it can go, screwed tight.

Is yours?

5. willing

willing Member

Yes, its up all the way. the movable part of the press is also up against a bolt.Thanks

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.