1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advise, re. personal trap release devices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davidjayuden, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

A nearby trap range has a token controlled trap with a button release, available to members during daylight hours with no one else around. I need to make my own release so I can shoot when I want, not when someone else wants to.
    I will need to unplug their corded button and install my own system, be it foot activated, or voice, delayed or not. At this point I'm just shopping for ideas, and have been cruising the claydelay web site.
    I'm not sure of the brand of trap (which I will check soon) or the design of the plug, which I will have to make anyway. Seems like a 3 bladed circular pattern that you plug in and twist a few degrees to lock.
    Anyway, anyone with experience with these I'd appreciate your $.02.
    dju

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A friend has a Long Range unit. About $380. You'll need to know what trap you are connecting to. Go to Long Range LLC.com.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Look into the ERAD voice release I have used them & they are sweeeeeet, a little pricey maybe (don't know your budget). The club I belong to is considering going to them for registered shoots, they save an hour or so of set-up & tear down time at every shoot, & time is money. This club is currently using Canterburys wired units, with very good results, we do have 2 wireless units but have not had the desired results with the wireless units for registered shoots, but most of us use the wireless for informal shooting-practice etc.- much easier. Only draw back to the ERADs (so far) is making sure someone doesn't inadvertently walk off with mics. clipped to their shirt. Ross Puls

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Listen to Ross. I have had Claymate and Ventriloquist and now have two ERAD sets since they are twice as good as either of the other two. Maybe four times as good, but how many do I need?

Neil

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

David sent you a PM.---Ross Puls

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It will be hard to beat CANTERBURY's both wireless and wired, They do get condensation in them and they need to be dried out w/hair dryer, or open them and air dry out, both need to be opened.

I have seen a teaspoon or more of condensate come out of them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. MOP

MOP Active Member

I have had a Ventriloquist for years that I use for practice and I have had absolutely no problems with it.

8. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

It appears that with the help of V&H the problem is now solved. Thanks everyone for all your advice, offers and suggestions.
    I'll follow up and report how the Bob Jones system works out.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.