1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advise on DryFire/Laser Shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RunGunIPSC, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Has anyone used the DryFire or Robert Lewis Laser Shooter systems? Do they help with the lower classes,D or low C,in trap & skeet. Both for the new shooter & someone with a bit of experience. Worth the money,especially if the club is far away? Pros & cons of each? Real shooting practice is best & I recognize that but sometimes not always possible. Thanks. Tom.

2. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have a two head unit and it works great when the laser stays where its set. It has a cheap gumball machine type that snaps into the end of the barrel to hold laser. You set your POI to match what your gun does in live rounds then start shooting. You bump the laser and its all screwed up. I found on there site a improved version that has a much better design. I have not bought one yet but with that in there I believe it is a very very effective tool.

3. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Tom

I bought a dryfire about 2 years ago so my sons could practice trap at home during bad weather and squeeze in a little extra practice when we couldn't make it to the range. Instead of trying to read breaks and guess where the shot was going, you can see where your pattern is covering the bird. My oldest son is 16, has been shooting for 3 years and has 98% ATA average for 2012. I honestly don't think the boys would be at the level that they are if it wasn't for the extra practice and information that the dryfire provides.

Your results may vary.

Brian "Robbie and Jake's Dad"

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Wife and I have the Dual Head version for about 3 years now. Wife uses it regularly and was second on Fl Ladies team this year. VERY effective simulator. You lack only recoil. Dry fire folks are great to work with as well. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.