1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WYBOO WOOD, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

I am a new trap shooter. I own a Bt99 and a new Citori xt. They are both unaltered. I am short.. 5'6". The senior men at my club tell me that both guns are too long in the LOP for me. My question: Is there a rule of thumb as to how much clearance there should be between your thumb and your nose when the gun is mounted. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Dave Hunt.

2. TC

TC TS Member

I have always went with 1" to 1 & 1/2".

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dave- The best LOP varies among shooters. Just because you might no be as tall as I am (6'3") it does not necessarily mean that I need a much longer length of pull than you do. Experiment a little with a thin, medium and thick recoil pads. You can probably get some free from a gun shop or stock maker. They can be tested without grinding them down to your stock. Look around your gun club and find a stock that has been cut down and ask to shoot the gun. You might even find a Precision Fit Stock for your gun and get lucky enough to borrow it for a week. It is difficult to figure out what you need without a little testing.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.