1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Hey: I have been involved in a couple of threads regarding the best gun cart to purchase. I have kind of narrowed it down to "Rugged Gear" or "Gun Caddy". The Gun Caddy is about $40-$45 more than the Rugged Gear cart. (Not really a lot of difference). I sure would appreciate input as to what you feel is the best cart. Thanks a lot. Ed

2. hduc2005

hduc2005 TS Member

I just got the rugged cart with flat free tires and I love it

3. esoxhunter

I need to ask. What is the advantage to "flat free" tires? Are these type of tires susceptible to going flat; if you don't purchase a special "flat free" tire? Thanks Ed

4. esoxhunter

EE: Just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible; cause I'm a dummy in this area. However, I usually buy the 1% milk. Ed

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ed.. I can't comment on the gun caddy, as I don't have one. I do, however, have the rugged gear cart, and I really like it. It is easy to store, easy to set up, very lightweight, and extremely well constructed. As for the "flat free" tires, they may be of some benefit on a sporting clays course rolling over briars, berrry bushes, etc., but, on the trap field, I have never had any problem with the regular tires. They will go flat just sitting in your garage over an extended period of time, but, they pump right back up with the provided pump which is very easy to do. If I wanted flat free tires, I would just install puncture proof tubes in the tires. Cheap and easy to do.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have rugged gear cart and really like it. Be sure to keep alignment in spec, otherwise you will get a serious and dangerous wheel shimmy at high pushing speeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.