1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need advice-value of mdl 12 20 ga ws1-ruff!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

need some advice- i know what a mdl 12 20 ga ws1 is worth in good shape - BUT- i was offered a ruff one and cant determine the value?-- skeet 26"- average wood with finish blemish on stock, forearm has 2 good scratches- gun was sent back to winchester and got a new reciever( which has "no" ser. number), barrel does have a ser.#-800,000 or so- was recently reblued by a "local" gunsmth-- has simmons rib.--- if i bot it- wud have to have total makeover including reblue!! ---- what do you think its worth??? or is it even worth the hassle when there is no ser.# on the reciever?? wally riebesell

2. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

With a simmons rib on it and no # on the reciver ???? I would say just a good shooter and not put any money in to reworking it. As for value I would have to see it. But my guess is around $350.00 to $550.00.

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Shoot it like it is....

Wayne

4. acss

thanks- you're right i'm trying to turn a lemmon into something sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

would be hard to beleive that the factory would send out a gun with NO serial no. would guess with a reblue and no Number its hot

6. acss

well- the story is , that it was neglected and very rusty- was sent back to winchester, they replaced the reciever(which has no #)if they were ground off- it was a good job!? not a blemish at all in that area!!! i agree with you

7. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'd stay away from a gun without a receiver serial number. Winchester would not ship a receiver without a number. There are legal issues!!

8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Guns did not always need to have a serial number. I think it was the gun control act of 1968 that specified a serial number. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. Most manufactures did put serial numbers on their products but it was I believe an option for them to have to do this so some did not. I do too find it hard to believe that Winchester would not have put a serial number on a new receiver though. Bill

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have a 22 cal. pump and a 12ga. shotgun with no se. number

10. acss

well- it has ser # on mag. tube and came back from winchester with a replaced reciever and no # ?? i really dont think there is any thing "funny" but i really wasnt looking for a shooter only!!!!! thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.