1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice, thoughts and opinions OSS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Ok everyone here is the situation I live about 4-4.5 hours from the Ohio State Shoot. Due to work I can not leave until the Friday afternoon of the shoot and shoot the weekend. What would you all do? If you were me. Go or stay home? Thanks everybody

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Duh!!!!

Have a safe trip. Driving is best at night. Less traffic.

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

pre-enter so you do not have to stand in line to get a squad that might not be what you want

4. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

5. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Don't think of obstacles; think of solutions.

Where there is a will, there's a way.

6. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Beretta 686, please join us at the Cardinal Center. I believe once you shoot here, and enjoy seeing all that goes on, visit with the venders, make some new friends, well, next year i bet you will be back!! Hope to see you at the Ohio State Shoot, travel safe. Matt Nicol

7. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

I wonder if driving at night is safer. More drunks especially at 6pm 10pm and 2am. D Winter

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Old Doc,

I think you make a valid point, and stats back up the fact that more fatal accidents occur at night. That said I was basing my statement on my experience as a truck driver. I make my best time and have the least issues at night. I do a lot of city driving and frankly all cities suck to drive thru during the day. The key is defensive driving. I am always watching the other guy and planning my escape routes in advance. I have also learned something from years of doing it. When you see headlights coming at the times of 1:00am to 4:00am it's either a drunk or a cop. Of course there is the percentage of other truck drivers and those who have to arrive to work very early. That is a smaller percentage. This is of course my observations and opinions.

I still say the OP should leave after work and go shoot. Although I have never attended it, the Ohio State shoot is one of the best I hear.

9. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.