1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on tube set.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bopper, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I just got a new K-80 and would like to get a fitted tube set. I'd just like to see what you guys think of Briley vs. Kolar. Do you prefer standard or ultra light? Many thanks, Bob

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I've owned both and have no preference. Anyone who can tell you that one works better than the other is only promoting the product they happen to be using. The lightweight sets are far more popular these days, especially in a heavy gun like the K80. It all depends on how heavy you want the gun. I think you can probably get the work done faster at Kolar than Briley but that could have changed too. Some will argue that Briley stands behind their product better than Kolar but I have always had good dealings with them and have no complaints. If you don't want choke tubes in your skeet tubes, Kolar offers a set with fixed chokes that works well and is a little less money. Few shooters tend to change their chokes anyway so it often is a good choice.

3. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

I was under the impression that the tubes had to be fitted to a specific set of barrels. Is that not correct?

4. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Pat, I'm interested in the answer to Big Bopper's question regarding fitting to the specific set of barrels. I have 2 30" o/u barrels for my k80s, one with fixed choke (f/im) and one with choke tubes. Will your ultralights work in either one of my barrels? Does it require Briley to fit them?

Thanks for the info and let me know how much you're asking for them. You can email me. Drop the XX. Jim

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I prefer KOLAR tubes, had a friend of mine just shoot his Briley 28GA tubes out the end of his K80 barrel the seperation occured at the chamber. This is not the first time that this has occured with Briley tubes.

Ronbo

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Both companies offer good products and stand behind them. I would have went with Brileys but the wait time last year was 9-10 weeks. I got my Kolars in 3.5 weeks. I'm not a fan of the new Revolution tubes and the Briley Draw Locks were a flop. If I were buying Briley tubes, I would get the old style Ultra-Lites.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

ronbo, The Kolars are not invincible either. Several in our area had cracked the 20 guage chambers. Kolar replaced them.

I once thought I needed a tube set, but my 4 barrel Browning is ok, using 1100 for 12 guage. It's a little light (7&3/4) for 12 guage for 200 targets. My opinion only.

HM

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they are equal

someone mentioned briley t shirts?

dont know about that but the winners shooting kolars- outnumber the ones shooting briley 5 to 1- that has nothing to do with t shirts - only winners and statistics

I like briley in the 410 with straight rifling- whether it actually works or not - you see the wad right in front of you -- helps ease your mind

I like the revolutions after having them-

the draw locks were a bust

Kolars seem to be shot by a lot of winners

take your pick

Gene

9. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey P3AT,

What are you asking for your tubes?

Jim

sbcoachjim@aol.com

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The Drawlocks were not a bust , Kolar held the patent and let Briley work things up , then shut em down. Kinda dirty pool. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.