1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on Broken Model 12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by johnpe, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnpe

johnpe Member

From the picture shown, the back of the bolt has dropped out of or is almost out of the recoil shoulder in the receiver. If you shoot the gun with very little of the bolt in the recess in the top of the receiver, it will peen out the receiver and is very difficult / costly to repair. The round piece showing near the rear of the bolt is known as the Firing Pin Retractor. This is the top of the piece which is spring loaded and serves to move the firing pin from contact with the fired primer as the action is opened and to permit the pin to strike the primer when the action is closed.

I suggest you get in contact with either Nu-Line or Wrights about the problem. Either can give you advice and fix the gun. Both have web sites, but I don't have them in my favorites list.

Johnpe

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Maybe if you took the trigger out and see if the spring piece is still in the track on the side of the reciever or maybe it will come apart better with the trigger assembly out.

ok im no gunsmith but if the gun was to be hard to open then I would drop the trigger and look inside.

You really didn't say if if was hard to open but I was just assuming it might have been.

Foghorn

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

like foggy said, drop the trigger and see what happens...

4. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Remove the trigger and look to see if the ejector spring has broke. When the gun is upside down and pointed away it will be located on the right side. This spring positions the bolt and to me it looks like it broke or popped out.

Either way you'll see what happened when you pull the trigger out. The part you mention showing above the bolt is a safe for the fireing pin so it can't fire while it's partialy open. When you open the gun the bolt drops and the spring below the safe pushes the rear (which you see) up and drives the front (that you can't see) down and jams the fireing pin so the pin can't travel in the bolt when the gun opens..

Let us know what you find.

ol 12

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd remove the barrel first then remove the trigger and bolt. You may have one or more parts broken in the gun. With the description, it's tough to call from here. The gun will operate with several broken inside parts!! Once you get it apart, inspecting the parts will tell you what's needed. Hap

6. Hap MecTweaks

Make sure the shell cut off is inserted correctly. While you have the trigger assembly out, check the timer wires on the action release. Did you check the firing pin by pushing it in toward the front and hold down the pin release? If you need a pic of what to look for, I think I still have those copied. I'll post them if you need? Hap

7. Hap MecTweaks

I found it. Maybe this will assist ya a tad too? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.