1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on adding raised ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pgaphillip, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

I may need to raise the ribs on my K80 un-single and o/u barrels. Have any of you had any good experiences? How long do they last? And which ones are the best?
    Thanks Dan P.

2. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

I used Vicki Keene's service at http://keensights.com/index.html

Good turn-around, excellent quality and they have about every option you can think of to tailor the rib to your shotgun. I also let them install it since I am all thumbs, have no vise or other tools. Glad I did.

3. rwtii

rwtii Member

DeVault, Poly Choke in Oshkosh Wi, and others. Just because someone advertises a lot, does not mean they do good work or can be trusted.

4. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I have installed 5 or 6 keen ibs over the years on different guns with no issues.I don't know about you guys,but I wish that more trap gus would come standard with a little more drop from the top of the rib to the top of the comb to prevent having to need add on rib to increase drop,which is why I get them anyway.
    joe

5. pgaphillip

pgaphillip Member

Joe, as you can guess I completely agree.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I have Keen Sights on three barrels. I used them on my Kolar to adjust POI and on my 90T just to raise my head. Great people to work with, great product, easy to install.
    Nice thing about using Keen Sight is they'll work with you. I told them what I wanted changed on POI and their recommendation and knowledge made it work.
    Another feature is they will taper the ribs height to your needs and taper the ribs width to match your existing rib.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.