1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need advice on a new gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cuspid2, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuspid2

cuspid2 TS Member

I am a 68 Y.O. new trapshooter only 8 months I am using an Remington trap 1100 and a Beretta 391 I would like an unsingle with ability to add a combi later I am 5'5" tall and a L.O.P. of 13 1/2 Although I am trying to improve upper body strength I find the 391 easier to hold for more than 50 rounds My budget is $6,000 or under preferably new unless a demo with ability to adjust comb stock and reduce recoil Is a Precisioin Fit stock a good option to reduce stock length?

thanks

Miles Kletter

2. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Miles ,

You might look for a Zoli/Verona LX 980 34" MonoTrap . All you'd need to go "combi" is a set of barrels as the receiver is "doubled" already .
    You should be able to find one for less than $2K . Great gun with a drop-out trigger .

Errrrr -- I just happen to have one that I'd part with that needs someone who'll use it . It just doesn't fit into the SCs scene .

Charlie

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Don't get in a hurry. Shoot all the variety of guns you can. Don't be seduced by "what the big boys shoot". Shoot what you feel comfortable with and don't get in a hurry to spend your money. The 391, with a few modifications will take you back to the 27 yd line, if your reflexes and eyesight will allow it. How do I know...I spent many times your budget trying to buy a target. It doesn't work. I'm 67 and I am never going to get to the 27...I presently shoot a gun I have about 10K in...my 390 backup gun breaks as many targets. Have fun, travel to different clubs. Get to know the rest of us old farts...that is what trapshooting is really about. IMHO...

JON

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

More of the same...I shoot a PFS they are the best, for the money. Monsoor's sells a BT 99 with an adjustable rib, you can put a PFS on it and be happy, if you must.

JON

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you want a 391-buy the trap model with a 32" barrel & go to Dennis Devault. It will be the best pointing lowest recoiling gun you can get for under 4k. It will be beautiful & most important it will fit you.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.