1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Advice on a Few Different Trap Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I am just getting back into the sport after being gone for 25+ years. Right now I'm shooting a 101 Trap over and under, but I would like to find a single barrel trap gun by next spring.

My mission is keep the price under $2k, so am considering the following:

Perazzi TM1

Remington T90

Beretta 682X Trap Mono

I know I need to shoot the guns to see how they work for me, but I would like your feedback on the reliability, maintenance and so on from folks that have owned these guns. Will a TM1 in my price range be worn out? Is one of these a no-brainer choice over the others? What should I watch out for?

And last of all, what do people advice between a low rib and a high one?

I have tried out a few BT99 guns at a few shops, but I don't like the wide forearm...

David

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You have a decent short list there David. I'm a bit biased because I shoot a pair of 682X combo guns. I don't know that these are better than the other guns on your list but mine have given me great service. I think you could find a very nice (90%+) used 682x combo in your price range. I would highly recomend the combo over just a single barrel.

As far as un single vs top single and rib height, those are fairly subjective preferences that you need to sort out for yourself. The least expensive route is the top single with the standard rib.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

David, of the choices you offer, the TM-1 is the hands down winner. And no, it should not be worn out. There have been several prime specimens offered for sale this past year at the clubs I frequent, all for just under $2,000.

The 90T feels like a log to me.

Having owned a 682 Gold E, all I'll say is I wouldn't do it again, even if it were offered at $10.

If you cannot find a TM-1, look around for used BT-99s or BT-100s, with the forearm shape you like. They are great guns.

4. Robb

Robb Member

zzt, what went wrong with the Beretta?

5. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Can anyone give me some pointers as to watch out for other than things like normal cosmetic wear? When in "good shape" is the release lever to the right of center in the closed position on all of these guns?

Thanks again for the help.

David

6. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Can anyone give me some pointers as to watch out for other than things like normal cosmetic wear? When in "good shape" is the release lever to the right of center in the closed position on all of these guns?

David

7. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

David

8. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

David

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Make sure you get it w/ a release trigger.

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I agree hitapair after he hit the submit message button four times.

Also look at a Beretta 391 trap with a parallel comb and a 32 inch barrel, great gun for the money.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington t90 trap gun