1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice from the Browning experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrowningGuy, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

The question is, I have a citori plus combo and was looking at a cynergy combo, What do the experts say? compared with which is better and why? Tony

2. djcuda

djcuda Member

The plus guns are better in my opinion because of their adjustability overall.The Cynergy combo is an Unsingle combo and you may have a hard time getting used to the unsingle.
    Dave

3. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Dave I shot an unsingle before my citori and seem to like an unsingle better. Is a cynergy a better quality?

4. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Trapper I had a BT-99 wanted to do doubles, so I purchased a Cynergy Combo. I asked about the same question, which is better....The choice is yours and what you like as you will be told by a number of people. If have heard from others that if your a really good shooter (I am rather new) then the Cynergy has a hard trigger pull. Also you can not or shall I say its not as easy and your warranty will be voided if you attempt to put in a release trigger.

I personally love my Cynergy Combo. I loved the single barrel but the adjustment for the rib can move rather easily. If you get it set where you like it mark it. Some have even used some loc tite.

I have started using my double barrel more. Like I said above its a personal choice but its the personal things you will want to do with your gun, release trigger etc that you should pay most attention to or you may be very unhappy with your purchase.

Just a personal opionion

Deb

5. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Thanks Deb. I had a MX 14 combo but sold as my son started shooting. Really miss that one, but trying to get a good quality gun on a lower budget. lol I like my citori but really wont an unsingle. Tony

6. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Doesn't Browning make a Citori unsingle combo and a Citori unsingle? You're not "forced" ot go Cynergy if you want a Browning bottomsingle.

7. dimapower

dimapower Member

Have owned a Cynergy and currently own several Citori's (Plus Trap). The Citori feels "clunky" to me and I miss the Cynergy. The Cynergy action somewhat reminds me of a Beretta 682 (although, I think the 682 trigger is more crisp).

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

TrapperT........not so much which is better, but how much different. Actions are different, as Cenergy has mechanical triggers and completely different hinge configuration for receiver/fore-end. Gun sits lower in your hands, and for me, it points faster than any Citori I have ever owned or shot. If you can get your hands on both of guns in o/u configuration to try out (maybe some friends at club will let you try theirs), you will pickup on the handling and trigger differences quickly. I have never had any problem with my triggers, but shortly after I got it, Browning recalled it and it has work flawlessly for me before and after the recall.

ps, I am not a Browning expert, but I hope my experience with both models helps you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.