1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need advice beretta al391 for trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mr1100, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr1100

mr1100 TS Member

im looking to buy al-391 baretta for trap,,new gun,30 inch barrel,5 diffrent chokes,vent rib,duel beads,,has anyone used for trap? are thay flat shooting?,how do thay hold up? what is good choke for 16 yard?,where can i purchase shell catcher? your imput wold be helpful,,,thank you bob,,,

2. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

That is what I shoot. I have shot thousands of round through one with out a hick up. The only thing I did to mine was cut the stock down and has a Kick Ezz recoil pad installed (14" LOP). I have the recoil spring replace once a year also.

I shoot with the Modified choke in most of the time. Some nay says would disagree but it crushes them back to 25 yard line and that is with 1 oz of #8's at 1200 fps.

I bought a shell catcher from Shot Gun Sports. You can get them most anywhere.

I tried some to the single barrel and o/u but still like the 391 better. I don’t want anything that is going to knock the filling out of my teeth when I shoot it like some of the mule kickers I have tried.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

is the gun (391) a trap model w/ step rib or a parallel target they both shoot 60/40 out of the box--- if not sport or hunting models - probably 50% and that is not near high enuf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

My first 391 trap shot more like 90/10. I got used to it but did not like it that way. The one I have have now is a 391 trap, 32" barrel with a parrell target stock. I have not had time to check it but it is not shooting 90/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.