1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a taller adjustable post

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by txkpistol, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

I need 2 taller adjustable comb posts for my Beretta. Does anyone have taller posts that will work. I've included a picture that shows what I currently have. Need something ½” taller.

[​IMG]

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Need the O.D. of the post and the thread size. Like 10-24 8-32

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sounds to me like high 2 has a machine shop. Be sure to tell him the length you want. I think he is from Oklahoma and he might make two posts for you that are 18 inches long. Sooners sometimes do that sort of thing.

Pat Ireland

4. loop02

loop02 Member

Pat, you obviously not a machinist. They won't be 18" long, they will be 10 3/8" according to the photo.

5. loop02

loop02 Member

Pat, you obviously not a machinist. They won't be 18" long, they will be 10 3/8" according to the photo.

6. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

High 2,

I need 2 taller adjustable comb posts. Will run to the hardware store and see if I can determine the thread count. Will also get the O.D.

The post is also threaded from the top and has a set screw inserted. It’s purpose seems to be for tightening the post into the stock hardware. The small hole pictured serves the same purpose so the set screw seems to be overkill. Can’t figure why it’s machined into the post.

My un-educated guess is that the post needs to be an overall length of 1 ¼” with the post measuring 1” and the threads ¼’. If it is to tall then it would be simple to grind it down a little.

Thanks for the help.

m

Steve,

Thought that one thru already. The bracket that is attached to the stock seems to be pressed into the stock with no visible way to remove it with tools. I could put a washer under the post and gain a tad bit of height. I’m afraid that I need more adjustability without shortening the ability of the threads to attach the post to the stock.

Thanks for the idea.

m

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

An easy fix I do it all the time, take your post to a good hardware store get long screws, preferably Allen Screws and a handfull of washers, and a hollow tube they sell and cut it fit the height you need. I have a set of Tall posts for a Beretta That I got off Devault for their Beretta they built, the posts are 1 5/16ths inches tall w/screws Approx 7/16ths inch in diameter. And they have a flat side for tightening the comb screws onto. The screwa are than likely American Std Threads, but you can get Metrick Allen Screws to fit your comb hardware, Will send you a picture. You may need to drill out rour factory Beretta hole for these studs.

Will send you a picture.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. high 2

high 2 Member

Thanks Pat, sometimes I lose my way dodging tornados.Larry

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Your e-mail address as posted is not a valid address.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. steve coker

steve coker Member

try Rod's Custom Stocks, he put extended post on my KX-5 and did a fantastic job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.