1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a stockfitter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Ok, I've bought the books, but I still can't figure out how to "fit" my stock. The gun has adjustable everything.

Anyone know a pro stockfitter in Vermont or New Hampshire? That's the problem, I can't find anyone that I can get to. Various circumstances prevent travel and I've never been to a major shoot.

I really like the gun and shoot in the 20's consistently, but I would like it to fit "right". I think the right person could make it happen.

Bruce
    kb1iix@arrl.net

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Bruce,

This is self-serving but if you can't find a good fitter near you, consider buying a copy of my book. I expect the Second Edition of "Stock Fitter's Bible" to be available later this month.

My Website (URL above) will not allow placing orders until books have been received from the printer and can actually be Priority Mailed.

Rollin

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You might try Joe Goldberg - he lives in NJ but does travel to do work - not sure if he would go to NH or VT, but he might meet you in NY or the like...

He goes by 'gunfitter@aol.com'

cell #'s - 609-231-6187 & 1898

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I wouldn't let that self seving hack fit my wood stocked Red Ryder bb gun!

You won't find very many good things said about Joe on this site. There was a guy that waited for quite a while to get a sxs stock back from him and another shooter had to track Joe down to get it.

ss

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

You should check out the thread where a Dad is fitting his daughter. There's alot to learn in that thread. Great pictures and a process you can follow.

9. RAScott

RAScott Member

PM SENT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.