1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Stock Refinisher

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

Anyone know of a good stock refinisher?

I want to strip down a Beretta and have a high gloss finish applied.

Thank you in Advance.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Where are you located? There is a gentleman in southern Pennsylvania who has refinished quite a few oil-finished Berettas and does excellent work at a very attractive price. Let me know if you need his info.

Ed

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don Nix in Roscoe,IL

4. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

Highly reommend Dennis DeVault's company.

Ron

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Ed Haley is a perfectionist whether it be in re-finishing, cutting checkering or any other work that requires top level gunsmithing. You can call him at 541-314-5369. He is in Plymouth, Washington. Rick~~~Texas

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've had so many P.M. inquiries about the guy I mentioned above that I'm posting the information here: Paul Altland, Timberland Stock Shop, Hanover, PA (717) 637-4978.

Paul is a true craftsman and he seriously underprices his work. He removes much of the Beretta oil finish, fills the pores of the wood with a mixture of sawdust from the stock and oil finish and then hand-applies and sands as many coats of glossy oil finish as needed. Any checkering that needs repointed is touched up and the result is beautiful. He charges around $150 for most stock and forend sets. His turnaround time used to be six to eight weeks but my mention of him in my column and on here has brought him so much work that he now needs about 12 weeks.

He's a very nice guy and his assortment and variety of rifle and shotgun blanks is impressive for a small, one-man shop. Below are two photos of my stock - one "before" and one "after."

[​IMG]

Mine is on top with the original Beretta oil finish.

[​IMG]

This is mine after Paul refinished it.

Ed

7. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

crvcustomarms@yahoo.com Chris Vendel, excellent work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.