1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Stock Maker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alpha_Three_Niner, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I need a stock maker to replicate a factory Super X-1 stock and fore end. This will be checkered in Winchester "B" Carved pattern. This will go on a Ken Hurst engraved SX-1. I have the wood.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...if all you want is factory dimensions, then go to Wenig and have them do the stock. They have SX-1 factory stock dimensions in their CNC routing machines and can crank out an SX-1 stock by the push of a button.

As for checkering and finishing, you can let Wenig do this, but if you want B grade type checkering, I would recommend John Reese in Montana of Custom Diamonds, http://www.customdiamonds.biz/index.html, W (406) 883-1465, M (406) 249-3199. His checkering is impecible, he's fast and not over priced, and he can do a nice finish for you also.

I'm not going to mention who Ken used to recommend (but no longer does) to do stock work....but avoid him. That's based on experience.

3. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Contact Phil Simms aka walnut maker at walnutmaker@aol.com We have commissioned Phil to do all of our custom wood and will have pic's of 2 Kolar TA Max sets that are Gallery Grade coming in a day or so. You wont be dissapointed. Doug @ SGS

4. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Alpha, I happen to have two or three sets of absolutely fabulous feathered crotch Claro already made up in the skeet or field dimensions. These are all super exhibition quality---none better. Just to let you know! And yes I can do them in "B" carved ---can't tell from factory. Steel grip caps and all.
    If interested send me an email. Thanks Phil Simms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.