1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a source for flat springs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3357, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

Does anyone know where I can find a set of hammer springs and a top lever return spring for a "pre type 1" Browning Citori Trap 12 gauge made in 1975?
    These are flat springs not the modern coil type.

It is my doubles gun and is working great, I would like to have a set in inventory.

As an alternative is anyone capable of making flat springs to fit?

Thanks in advance, Jess

2. 3357

3357 Member

Jim, I called Western in Canada and they do not have the springs. He has a box of flat springs made by Miroku in Japan (the maker of this gun)but he has no idea what they are for. He wanted $35 each for them. I was hoping someone might have another idea.

My only other option would be to find someone who is capable of converting this to coil springs. I imagine this is wishfull thinking too.

Thank you for your interest and help. Jess

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have had less than stellar results when dealing with Western Gun Parts.

Nowadays, they are my last resort.

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Jess, if you send me your address email I will send you a page with 40 different types of flat springs. This way you can try to macht yours with one's that we have. If you don't find the right one, send me your old one and I will make it by hand for you.
    Marcello Giuliani
    www.gmgunparts.com

5. 3357

3357 Member

Shooting Coach, thanks for the heads up, he did not sound too enthusiastic when I talked to him.

MR. GIULIANI, thank you for your offer, I e-mailed my mailing address to you.
    Jess

6. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Try these folks, I bet they can help.

Look under their Miroku parts as that is who actually built these, check out the drawings at the site above and see if these look like what you need.

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will help, but I've a friend in the UK who is a gunsmith and he makes flat springs all the time.

I suspect that if you sent him the old one (I assume it is broken) he could reproduce it for you - I am certain that once reproduced it will need further fitting with the gun in hand, but I suspect you could find someone to do that part for you here in the USA.

His name is Ian Summerell, and here are his email addresses.

ianthegun@btinternet.com, ianthegun@hotmail.com

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Western gunparts should have the springs. I ordered two sets last fall, one for a customer gun and one set for inventory. Sorry they are not for sale, only for installation by me.

Doug

9. 3357

3357 Member

Delayed update to all who provided info. I contacted Wisners (web site posted up 4 posts from here) and he has the springs in stock. After I broke the ice he turned out to be a very nice guy who does know his gun springs. He is shipping me a set of three (2 hammer and 1 top lever return) for about $60. Should have them by the end of the week. Thank you all for the help. Jess

10. Ianthegun

Ianthegun TS Member

I just put in my web name "ianthegun" and found my name here. Thank HSLDS for the plug. If you are looking for O/U spring most are best bought of the shelf, if it is no long made I can make them but they will need fitting.

I normal make English spring for game and old blank powder guns.

If I can help please email me ianthegun@hotmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.