1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need a shell catcher for 11-87

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Anyone have a shell catcher for an 11-87 they want to get rid of? Thanks

2. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I expect to pay for It.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

http://www.tandsshellcatcher.com/prod04.htm

If you have a Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Cabela or a full source/service gun shop close by they just might have one on the shelf awaiting your purchase.

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Sportsmans warehouse has lots of shell catchers. I don't think the stores that Lumper listed have them, but I could be wrong.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

They do not sell them online but they do have them in the stores but they are also more expensive than ordering them directly from T&S ... well not really cause your going to have to pay a little shipping charge from T&S as well so ... well ... who knows which would be cheaper.

Usually if your close to one of those stores and look in the aisle where the chokes and sights are you should see them hanging on a hook in a little plastic bag.

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

This is what I use on the 1100 Classic Trap I bought new in Dec, 2005.

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/accessories_index.asp?categoryID=8&subcat=29&prodcat=129

I have had a long history with the basic type.

My wife shot trap from 1987 to 1997, her favorite gun; an 1100TA Trap. She used a Petersen and put about 40,000 rounds through the gun with that catcher. She liked it so well, she had one on her 1100 sporting 28 (Petersen's used to be made in the small gauges) and 11-87 Sporting Clays; and they performed well.

I certainly did not select a Save It because of its good looks , I find them very functional.

I like them over the TS because in my experience, they work better. I have never had one fail to grab a shell, where I have seen numerous people have to furiously shake a fired shell out of a TS equipped gun because it fell back in the receiver. I don't need that on the line.

It can be folded down to easily drop a live shell out if there is a need to unload due to a problem on the line.

One thing I do right away with these, though. They come with a funny looking red, soft plastic tip on the wire that is supposed to keep the end of the wire from scratching the receiver, just behind the ejector port. These come off too easily with bad results. Fortunately I was aware of this and did not find out with the new 1100CT.

I take a piece of insulated house electrical wiring, I forget the size. I use wire strippers to take a 1/2" long piece of black wire insulation which I slip over the end of the wire. It hangs on and because it is black, IMHO, looks better.

I did this on my wife's 1100TA in 1988 and it hung in very well, I think I replaced it once in 40,000 rounds.

7. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I have a TS off a 1100. $5.00+shipp.

8. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Tracyhunter, Please send me an e-mail telling me where to send the money, As Long as it will fit an 11-87 I need It. Thanks gwlowe25271@yahoo.com

9. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Hold on till friday and i will go to town and try it on a 11-87 at a gun shop to make sure it fit's.I have a box full of crap that did not work or fit as advertised. Don't want to do that to you.town is 40 mi and it's hot and i am old.

10. DocJim

DocJim Member

Have your gunsmith drill the barrel extension and install a piece of piano wire. Works every time, dosen't scratch your receiver and can easily be removed for doubles. Shells never fall back into receiver or fall out of the gun.

Jim G

11. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Why not just buy a simple T&S 1100/11-87 shell catcher? I've been using them for 25 years with no problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

11 87 shell catcher

gander mountain sell t s shell catcher

gander mountain shell catchers

remington 1100 shell catcher doubles

remove wire shell catcher 1100

t s shell catcher at bass pro