1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a room for the Grand!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FormerMarine, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

I decided last night that I am going to be able to make it to the Grand. I know that rooms are all gone within close proximity to the complex but what I am wondering is can anybody tell me a hotel somewhere out a ways that may still have rooms. I will drive an hour plus if necessary I just need a place to lay my head each night. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill Yost

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bill, Click on the link above and it will show a Travel lodge in Perryville, Missouri.

That is where I stayed last year and will be staying again this year. It must be about 40-50 miles away, but it's no biggie. Good Luck.

Hauxfan!

3. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Any other ideas Hauxfan? The Travel Lodge is sold out for the dates that I need 8-12 to 8-16.

4. trap906

trap906 Member

I just got a room at Okawville for 7th,8thand9th.. at the super 8 $63per night for 2 people. I'm not sure exactly how far it is from Sparta, I think 25 or 30 miles though

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Bill,

Look to the north in Fairview Heights or O'Fallon/Shiloh. There's an area just off I-64 exit 12 (Fairview Hts) that has a Drury Inn, Super 8, Hampton Inn, and Fairfield Inn. You shouldn't have any problem finding accommodations around there.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, Marine, I don't know of any other place.

But I do wish you luck. Hopefully, you'll find someplace to stay.

Hauxfan!

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Shelter Half bring anything to mind?

Curt

8. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Bill,

Do a web search for the chain motels for O'Fallon. There are many in that area with rooms available. It is about an hour drive to the range. Not bad drive at all. Last year I stated in O'Fallon at the Comfort Inn but they have changed to another name this year. It is located on the exit to the AFB, all I had to do was get on 64 east and take the 1st exit and follow the signs to Sparta.

Van

9. rrose

rrose TS Member

Bill
    If you are from east of Sparta I have stayed at the Drury Inn in Mt Vernon and it is very nice and rates are reasonable. It takes about 45 minutes to get to shooting cmplex but it is a great drive. Good luck
    Randy

10. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I agree with rosebuster. The Drury in Mt. Verno is nice and reasonable. Easy drive through the country to Sparta. The motel industry appears to be big business in Mt. Vernon.
    The Drury is 618-244-4550
    See ya in Sparta soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.