1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a rifleman's help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 45er, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45er

45er TS Member

Apr 2, 2007
    I bought a beautiful Anschutz Model 1533 222 Rem from a good friend. It has the full Mannlicher stock with "old timey" swivels. I'd like to get some quick-detach swivels like Uncle Mike's, but all I can find are 1" or longer. The front swivel is a machine screw that is only 3/8" or so long as it only has to go through a very thin piece of the Mannlicher stock to attach. The back swivel, of course, is a wood screw type and anything will work there. Uncle Mike's website is about as sorry, non-user friendly site as I've seen. I would send them this question if I could. Thanks for the help. Rob
  2. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Apr 21, 2007
    This is probably what you are looking for. Cut the front machine screw to length with a Dremel. I have a set on mine and they look really nice. Pat

3. brandy1

brandy1 TS Member

Oct 14, 2007
    People most likely to help you would be the folks at New England Custom Guns. European swivels and such are offered by them and can advise on whatever swivel you want to use. Good Luck.
    PS believe web is simply, www.N.E.C.G.com
  4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2006
    near Tucson Trap
    Is there still room for the escutchon in the forend,

If there is determine the length the swivel screw needs to be run the escutchon down past this point, cut off with whatever tool you have handi, trim the cut with a file, then when you unscrew the escutchon the threads get pressed straight and it is ready to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.