1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a reputable gunsmith in the DC metro region

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I'm looking at replacing the factory hard rubber recoil pad on my Citori for a KickEEZ pad. Does anyone know of a reputable gunsmith in the northern VA or MD (MoCo or PG County) that can do this? Pylinski Arms is in southern VA and it's a bit of a drive for me (but will make the day trip if he is the only reputable 'smith in the area)....I'm located out near Dulles Airport..

thanks.

2. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

I have done a lot of guns for folks around Bull Run. I'm in Virginia Beach, but come to Bull Run to shoot. Maybe we could meet at Olde Forge.

Mike

xxatexaspete@cox.netxxx

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

or just mail it- take the stock off and mail it

the shipping will cost a couple of gallons of gas

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you also wont have to make a return trip if you mail it

I have never seen a gunsmith that will do a pad while you wait except at large shoots- which is an option also

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I mailed mine to Doug Braker and it worked out fine..

ernie

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

DC and Montgomery County are not hotbeds of good gunsmithing. Those of us who live there go many miles to get our guns worked on.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Eightbore: I hear you on that...even over here in northern Va, there isnt a whole lot of gunsmiths that specializes in sporting shotguns. Their isn't even a high end gunshop. It's all hunting guns, handguns, and tactical guns. This area would be a great place to set up shop for a high end sporting shotgun store, something similar to HiGrade Shooters or Jaquas. Larry Friedman in Gaithersburg is the only guy in the area that deals with higher end sporting shotguns. Other than that, you have to travel to PA, NJ, or Ohio to handle a high end gun in a gunshop.

8. rdf59

rdf59 Member

The guy in the DC area that has all the stock answers and will be happy to take your gun and do a job on it is Eric Holder. You can contact him through the DOJ.

9. bill4807

bill4807 Member

The "Country Gentlemen" stock fitters have traveled to both Fairfax R&G and IWLA in the spring; they do great work on-site. http://www.gunfitter.com/index.html

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

sernv99- A few minutes around the Fairfax Gun Club will answer your questions. You can also find a lot of better quality shotguns for sale at the club. It can be difficult to locate reputable people around DC, but the Fairfax club has a surplus of them.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.