1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Release Trigger Sticker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I need a release trigger sticker for my BT100. I have been using the release trigger in it for several shoots now and i think it works for me. I know from asking about the stickers before on here that it is a safety issue and i want to be safe. Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting one or perhaps even mail me one? I would me much obliged.----Matt

2. grntitan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Call any smith that does release triggers and buy one .

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I think the pull trigger guys need stickers.

5. grntitan

JBrooks----Thats funny. I say the main thing is pay attention to which gun you are grabbing and don't touch it if its not yours and nobody would need a sticker.----Matt

6. atashooter

atashooter Member

Grntitan, check yer email...

7. johnpe

johnpe Member

It's easy to make your own stickers for a release trigger. Just pick up some 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" orange tardots and use a black ball point pen to make a bold face "R" of about an inch tall.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Any sign shop will make them for you.

9. grntitan

Alan---Thank you for the offer but somebody just beat you to the punch. Thanks again.----Matt

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Go any toy store and pick up a peel and stick R. Cant be that hard to find.

11. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

why?????????????

12. grntitan

WHY NOT???????????????

13. Paul Marthey

Paul Marthey TS Member

I have release trigger stickers. I had them made at a sign shop. They are orange and with a large letter R and the word release printed under it. They are laminated and are much better than the paper ones. I need $1.50 each to cover the costs. E-mail me at the above address and I'll send you my address. I know you will be pleased with them! In the subject line put release stickers so I don't delete it.

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I can understand the need for a release sticker if you have a bunch of identical guns some with pull and some with release triggers but what good does it do if you have one gun or three from different manufacturers? I.E. The Browning and the SKB are pull and the Kolar is release or any variation on that theme.

Eric

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Personally I think there is NO excuse not to have a release sticker on a release trigger gun. Safety has no mind of it's own. People need to take charge when it comes to safety. I've known of a time or two someone has accidently picked up anothers gun that was nearly identical to their own which could have had dire consiquences if a release trigger was involved. A big RED R is hard to miss on the grip of a shotgun. Accidents do happen and it's up to all of up to practice safety.

16. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hoggy,

I overlooked the "your gun looks like mine on the rack" sceanario. Thanks for adding that most important reason for having a release sticker.

Eric

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

All guns with a pull trigger must have a sticker also . I don,t have a sticker on my gun with release trigger and have no plan to get one . If someone picks my gun up (by mistake)he got it out of my car .

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I don't get the concept of how someone could be any more dangerous with a gun that he didn't know had a release trigger. You have to "pull" the release trigger before it fires anyway. If someone is "pulling" a trigger, whether pull or release, they better have it in a position to fire.

Screw the sticker.

19. grntitan

Some people just don't get it. Its just a safety thing. You could argue it all day and night but safety is safety. If you don't want it on your gun then DON'T DO IT but don't knock others for wanting to be safety minded.----Matt

20. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Matt,

Explain how not knowing a gun has a release ttrigger is unsafe? Give us a scenario where someone picks up a release gun by mistake and manages to shoot someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

release trigger stickers