1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a price on this gun

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by chiefjon, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Looking for a price on a S&W N frame 50 year commerative .357. The gun has gold enlays, presentation box and has never been fired. I have photos, but try as I might, I cannot get them to down load. Very minor rotation mark on cylinder. Any help appreciated. I can email photos if you need to see them.

Jon Schorle
    Sacramento, CA

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

try this

3. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it's been fired (or has rotation marks) it's basically worth the same price as the standard model -- these guns typically have two price spikes.

The 1st is when they are first issued and this, depending on how ornate it is, will last until the next one comes out with the price gradually declining.

The 2nd one is when those who bought them first sell for a profit the price will spike again but not quite as high.

After that unless the gun is really unusual the price will usually drop to near the pricee of the standard model.

And what little gold is in the "inlays" is very little and they really aren't inlays ---- just a very, very, very thin coating in the areas of the printing etc.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE .357 MAGNUM Add to Collection
    - Model 27, both standard and deluxe editions. Mfg. 1985.
    Grading 100% Issue Price Qty. Made
    Standard $775 N/A 2,500
    Deluxe $1,600 N/A N/A

Mike Battista

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike --- do you think any have sold for that in the last couple of years --- or ever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.