Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need a new gun

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  jr.sportingclays 
#1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a new gun and need some ideas of what is within my budget. I'm looking to spend $6K or less and it needs to be a combo set. Also, I don't want to purchase a used gun, it must be new.

Is the Beretta 68x product line going to be the best bang for the buck?

#2 ·
Personally, I love the Beretta and I believe it to be a great choice. I also like the Browing XT Combo that is only sold through Guns Unlimited in Utah (I think its Utah?).

Anyway, if you get the XT, I would recommend getting the non-adjustable comb then have one installed by a reputable gunsmith that does that type of work using good hardware. The Browning factory hardware has been the subject of many complaints as I understand.

Mark

#9 ·
I recently bought a 682 combo the more I use it the more i like it. my friends have CG's, brownings and berettas. They are all very nice and very well built. my other choice was the browning combo i liked it and it to felt good. I could have bought the browning just a easily as the beretta, and went back and forth for 6 months; but the beretta deal ( mine I think was there last closed out top single) from etchens yeilded a better price. That being said for a little more you can get a Beretta dt-10 on close out. I could easily buy one of each. by the way the beretta comb hardware is not as bad as people say mike

#13 ·
New DT11 model is being released this year. From the info on it, does not seem to be a drastic difference or improvement. DT10 has always been undervalued and a great mid-level gun between the mainstream combos and the high-end guns.

Joel Etchen has them on closeout -- see link.

#18 ·
Rich,

I can't speak for all the nice guns on the market as I haven't been as fortunate as many here to try all the top brands and models. I will say I am very happy with my Beretta 682 Gold E Trap. I have had no issues at all with the gun and it is an absolute target crusher when I do my part. If I can answer any questions on the Beretta 682, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

#22 ·
The MX-3 Combo that's for sale in the classified section. I used to ONLY buy new guns until I found a used one that was beyond awesome. I have since changed my criteria when it comes to guns, nothing wrong with a near perfect used one. With your budget you could have 3 times the gun if you looked very carefully at used ones instead of settling for a mid-level new one.

#23 ·
I have owned a Gold E combo and was impressed. I have shot DT 10s and own an ASE90 gold and am impressed

The DT 10 is obviously much heavier duty and a target grinding machine

Now the older Berettas- the 682s or 687s etc are good for skeet and sporting and trap butttttttttttttttttt for trap you really do get a lot of new design and engineering features with the 682 Gold E

That is where the big jump is- in the 682 Gold E as opposed to earlier versions

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.