1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a new freezer? help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Ray, I'm using a small sears brand chest type. It's been super reliable for the past 7 years. It is small enuff that with the 2 baskets that fit in it i have no trouble finding the things that I want. It is large enuff that I can keep two frozen deer and about 5 gal packages of fish with pleanty of room left over for vegies from my garden (greens squash etc) They aren't very expensive to buy and cheaper to operate than the upright type freezers. Hope this helps. BTW, most freezers refrig etc regardless of brand name are made by onyl a few mfgr's. Sears and whirlpool are the same and ge hotpoint same, you get the idea. nearly all equal in quality model for model. buy the one that suits your needs the most.

Bob

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Next thing you know it will be jockies or briefs.

Don

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You'll do fine. Don't sweat it, unless you have to go looking for a new washer and dryer.

4. TomB

TomB Member

Sterlingworth.....In Jan or Feb issues of Consumer Report it tells you what the best choices are.

5. TomB

TomB Member

Sterlingworth.....In Jan or Feb issues of Consumer Report it tells you what the best choices are.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

We have a Sears we bought in 1975. It still works fine.

7. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

There are 2 companies that make freezers. Electrolux which is Frigidaire. The other is Whirlpool who just came back out with freezers. W C Woods used to make the Whirlpool and they went bankrupt so Whirlpool bought the plant and are producing them under the name Whirlpool and Amana name. Frigidaire makes their own and used to make also the names GE, White Westinghouse and Tappan. Sears makes nothing they can be both Frigidaire and Whirlpool with the Kenmore name on it for Sears. Either one is good. STAY AWAY from a company called HAIER they are made in China and is owned and operated by the Chinese Govenrment they are nothing but Junk and Troulbe. You will find these usually in 5 to 10 cu ft. under different names.
    Please support your local merchants. Regards Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.