1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a necktie

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by starship, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

0   0   0

Just accepted a new job. Requires wearing a tie. Haven't worn one for years (many years). Not generally required in the construction business (even for the CFO).

Anyway, was wondering if anyone knew of a place I might get a tie (or two) that have a shooting theme on them??? Seemed like the thing to do but so far not having any luck searching google.

Any help would be apprecaited.
    Chuck

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Found a couple for you....

http://www.baltimorebarbershop.com/products/shotgun-shell-necktie

http://whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com/files/neckties/OtherBirdNeckties.htm

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Get one with ducks on. No one could bitch on that.

HM

4. starship

starship TS Member

0   0   0

doggai, the HR people will report to me soooo if that policy exists in some fashiion it soon will no longer exist in any fashion.

bigdogtx, I had found that first tie but for someone that doesn't even like ties $65 is a little extreme. I dont' want to buy stock just the tie:)

The second one has a couple of possibilities and I thank you for the link. I appreciate the help.

Anyone else??
    chuck

5. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

0   0   0

I used to shoot with a guy that said the first tie he wore his wife put it on him and he stood there a half day until she told him the other end wasn't tied to anything. Larry

6. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

0   0   0

I know this sounds nuts, but I would just stick with stripes or polka dots. I am currently awaiting HR to decide whether I am getting a formal reprimand or not. The folks I work with know I skeet shoot. I got a new gun (browning 525) for sporting clays and several folks asked me to bring it in. "OH NO" I said, "That would not be smart"! So instead I emailed them a picture from a gun review mag. No hunting, no shooting scenes, no threatening cations, etc. I was turned in to home office for spreading fear and violence in the workplace. Just be advised that, especially as the new guy, folks will be out to cause you grief.

7. 100straight

100straight Member

0   0   0

starship,

Welcome to executive management. I wear a suit and tie every work day. Actually, $65 isn't all that bad for a custome tie, but some are cheaper (check out the sale at Cabelas in the link below). On the zazzle site, do a search for "shooting" and also for "trapshooting". Another option is to find a screenprinter that does hats and tee shirts, and get them to print a design of your choice on a tie. However, if they have to do a one time set-up it will be expensive (but you can buy a $5 plain tie at WalMart to print on). Here are some internet options:

Zazzle

Shop 4 Ties

Cabelas

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

8. rdj9800

rdj9800 TS Member

0   0   0

I own an embroidery business what do you want on your tie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.