1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Model 12 expert

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by boomer, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now that's a rare bird! The Model 25's were built to sell closer in price to the Rem 870. Having a fixed barrel made cleaning more of a chore. They were not very popular with only 88,000 being made from 49 to 54. A drop in the bucket compared to over 2 million M12's. There's no reason it should not hold up as well as a take down M12. We used to search out M25's to convert to slug guns because the rigid barrel/frame set-up made them very accurate. What is boils down to is the price of the gun you are buying. I see it as a collectors item more then a daily shooter. But if you shoot it well and can afford it--go for it. I'd love to see pix and a copy of the factory documentation. Good luck.....

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The wood is worth almost what the asking price is. You might want to call Bedlans or Dave Riffle to find out what it is worth to a collector.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Go for it. Never let money get in the way of a good time! I'd like to see a photo of it too.

4. fishguts

fishguts Member

Yes,..show us M12 shooters some photo's...sounds very interesting.

Wayne

5. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

If it were available to me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 Member

The paper work is the easiest thing to fake when your trying to sell a fake gun. Sounds fishy to me. Winchester basicly was a custom shop there really wasn't a "custom shop" per say. You say factory rib, what style?

7. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

If you shoot it good its worth what ever your willing to pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.