1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a map to the World Shooting Complex-Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dr.beav, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Does anyone know where I can get a street map showing the location of the World Shooting and recreational Complex in Sparta, IL -- MapQuest doe not have one - and I would like to know how to cut across from highway 154 from the North - I am really tired of driving all the way into Sparta and coming back North to the Complex from the other side. The Beav

2. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

Go to maps.yahoo.com

Enter your starting point

Enter the GPS coordinates for the WSRC 38 11 16.3N, 89 45 25.5W

That should get you there.

3. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Dear JPTrap: Sorry, but I could not get that to work either -- I may be computer handicapped or something. the beav

4. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

I don't know what's wrong at your end. It might not give you town road turn by turn directions, but if you zoom in you can see all the secondary roads. You can put the coordinates for WSRC in the first blank to get just that point.

154 is south of the WSRC according to what I see. What city are you coming from?

PS: put in the coordinates only, without WSRC in front of them.

5. Buckeye

Buckeye Member

This may or not help. But just take Hwy 4 south from I-55 or where ever you can get to Hwy 4 and proceed south from Marissa. You will see a big sign to turn to the west on the crossing road that takes you right to the grounds. The grounds are between Marissa and Sparta.

Good Luck.

Buckeye

6. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Can I assume that if you are on Route 154 you have come through the town of Red Bud and may be coming from the St. Louis Area? If so when you come to the town of Baldwin which is about 8 miles east of Red Bud. There is a main blacktop road that runs north out of Baldwin. Take that blacktop road about 1 mile north to County Road 18. Turn right on Route 18 and it will take you directly to the shooting complex. It will be about 5 miles east after you turn onto County Road 18. Where County Road 18 Intersects the blacktop to the left will be a power plant.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

And we wonder why DMV should not give some a drivers license.

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Edgarmcm -- sure thank you - you are right on the point and believe I can follow those directions just fine -- see ya at the Grand.

9. 40 Acres

40 Acres TS Member

Just like EDGARMCM said, take the Blacktop North out of Baldwin. It is called Baldwin Rd.(maybe 5th street in town). County Rd 18 makes a T at baldwin Rd just north of town. Follow CR 18 east and you can't miss the place.

10. blandgraf

blandgraf Member

We used the address: 10000 County Road 18, Sparta, IL, and we arrived just like the directions said....good luck and good shooting. Wish we could have stayed longer....
    Beccy

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Go to Central Entry bldg. and the Chamber booth and pick up a county map.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sparta shooting complex map