1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Ljutic expert

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just picked up like new Ljutic to play with. It has a stainless receiver with a blue barrel and stainless guard with release trigger. It has a one touch adjustable rib. The wood is way above average. On top of the wood in the back of the receiver is a( diamond checkering pattern.) It has two chokes marked 718xp and 710xp. What chokes would these be? What did this guns sell for new? Thanks

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Newer Ljutic barrels are generally bored .740. Chokes would be .022 and .030.
    Excellent choices for singles and mid to long yardage. I can't help with the rest of your questions.

I have a Pro 3 and a couple of older Mono Guns. It took a while for the Pro 3 and I to form a love affair, but now I feel like I may have bought my last trap gun. (If only I could believe that)

Give the gun a chance and you will learn to love it also. Marc

3. smsnyder

Thanks, I allways like Ljutics (A TANK). I owned several.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Saw one like you're describing new in a dealers rack......price $8500. More or less depending on the grade of wood on it. Yours sounds nice.

5. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Sounds like a Black Diamond model. They were special order guns that Shotgun Specialties had made about 2-3 years ago. I'm sure they could tell you all about it. Hope this helps.

6. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Earl, it is a Black Diamond Edition gun that we made. Email me pic's and serial # @ ajw@brecnet.com and I can give you the info you need. Take care, Doug

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Earl why not call Ljutic and ask them what you wish to know. Unless their customer service has changed all that you had to do at one time was give them the numbers on the gun. They will even tell you every thing you want to even who it was made for and sold to originally.

Thats what made their service so good to begin with.

Bob Lawless

8. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Calling Ljutic still works. (509) 248-0476. I did it yesterday. Ask for Nadine, she has all the records and is very pleasant to talk to. Marc

9. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Ljutic may only have the record of the sale to SS. I suspect that it was shipped sans wood and that SS had the wood made by Wenig or someone else. Great gun. Probably close to $9-10K new. You might want to call Ljutic and ask for replacement pins and springs and get the new type firing pin with the carbon silicon spring. Also, clean out the cocking rod raceway. Lube very lightly with a very light lube like Gunzilla. And keep the hammer/trigger sear greased. Will last a lifetime and very easy to maintain. Enjoy!

WNCRob

10. smsnyder

Thanks beautiful gun. Ran a 25 with it first time out at 16s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.