1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a gun for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I would think a Citori Plus would be right up your alley

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

With the addittion of one of the add-on ribs I would think a low rib gun could fit you need. For example,a Remington 3200 with a custom piggy-back rib could be adjusted to any height need, & would be a lot easier on the wallet.

Good luck, break 'em all!

Big Jack

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Big Jack has the right idea, great doubles gun with mechanical triggers. HMB

4. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

A guy that shoots at the same club, always places high in the state in regular doubles, and I believe may have won the wheelchair category at the Grand this year. While I believe he shoots a Pgun top single at the 16, for doubles he runs them with a Beretta 391.

A couple of weeks ago a seller had a 391 for sale with a high rib, it really was a 'screaming deal' on the package - rad, adjustable comb, etc. His name was Tim and his email address is as follows: iaturnkey321@msn.com

You might do a search back withing the last month or so. His gun would be a great opportunity to try a high rib at minimum cost and risk on a gun model that I've seen a champion use for doubles.

Good luck!

rbmtrap

5. cfchief

cfchief Member

you can have my 391 doubles gun for 800 plus shipping

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you could sell your BT and with that money, buy a Browning XT combo set or a Cynergy combo set. Both of these guns might be had for 3000.00 and you would not have to do anything to them. If you watch this site you will see sets with mid height ribs and sometimes reducers in them. I have seen a couple such sets on this site in the last 90 days. While it is now winter, it would be the perfect time to make a gun switch and get to know the new gun, before the regular season begins.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am seeing a lot of Beretta 682 O/U for $1400 to $1900. They are a good, dependable gun. I have had two of them, the 1st one I bought about 1996, and neither one has ever given me any trouble.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

+1 on the Citori Plus. Why give away half/all your empties and torque-off the shooter to your right with an auto. The Citori Plus has a fairly high rib and a bunch of other adjustment advantages. The 30" is a doubles crushing machine and weighs only 9 ounces more that a BT99 Plus. Good luck.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just picked up a 1963 Browning superposed with 32 bbls. Going to try it in doubles... $1050

damn things just keep on tickin'

Lot's a used guns around...

Keep an eye out for Miroku's.. basically Citori's without the name...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.