1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a gun for doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I want to start shooting doubles.I have a bt99 that i shot very well .Should i look for a combo and sell the bt99 or can i just pick up an over and under.I can save a lot of money going with just the over and under.What do you like for doubles guns ?

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I was wanting to shoot doubles. I went to the Grand and asked every gunsmith on the grounds. Now this was 20 + years ago, everyone of them choose the Brouwning Citori 2, it had less trouble and was highly reliable. They also said I would have to have the forcing cones out and have it bored for doubles. Today choke tubes will be available, do what you want on the singles. Combo set or 2 guns. Your'e choice.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

If you can save allot of money just getting an O/U than just get the O/U and since you ask what I like in a doubles gun is a gun that can shoot 2 shells instead of just one shell like a BT99.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Ifnd yourself an autoloader 11-87 or 1100 great guns and inexpensive to own.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have a 32" browning 425 sporting grade 1 I would be interested in parting with.

6. SR1

SR1 TS Member

If you can aford it get a o/u then you have a back up gun also.Try a few out shooting dbl,s and see what you like for poi then go find one just like it.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A good slide gun is all you need for singles, caps, and doubles.

ec90t

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I would just look for and O/U as you already have the single tube gun. A new XT combo will run about $3800 and a new XT O/U at $1799, so for you there is a big savings right there. Used you can pick up a good O/U for around $1200-$1800 or less.
    I am kinda in the same boat, but I have decided to get a new bt99 & a new XT O/U instead of a combo and be ahead $800.

9. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Find a good remington 3200. Great gun and inexpensive. This gun has distroyed many a doubles. Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.