1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

need a firing pin for mossberg silver reserve, top

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fast gun, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fast gun

fast gun Member

You have a pm
  2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

Try Mossberg....
  3. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

Mossberg will put you in touch with a repair center in Texas. Buy a few of them, those guns eat firing pins. The pin that holds the pins in the gun runs in a diagonal direction and is hard to get to, I had to make a special punch.
    Jim Pettengill
  4. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

Better advise would be to sell that POS! It is, in my opinion, the worst O/U shotgun EVER brought to market. I used to do all the repairs for a local range that used the Silver Reserve for a rental gun. They had 5 of them, and I would pick up all 5 at the beginning of the week, and sure as hell, all 5 would be broken at the end of the weekend. They do indeed eat firing pins, and the cocking piece will get hammered from opening and cocking because it is made out of very soft steel. Absolute junk!

Steve
  5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Hmmmm...a firing pin for a Silver Reserve...sounds like a fair trade to me,..let me know where to send my firing pin and you can get the gun ready to ship to me ; )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.